Local Enterprise and Association Development (LEAD)
Administered by Enterprise Singapore, the Local Enterprise and Association Development (LEAD) programme is an industry development initiative aimed at improving industry competence and internationalisation. It achieves this through partnerships with trade associations and chambers (TACs) which are willing to take the lead in industry development and drive initiatives to improve the overall capabilities of local enterprises in their industries and capture opportunities overseas.
SFMA has committed to the LEAD programme as it is seen as a stepping stone for the association to assist local food manufacturers to grow.
Under the LEAD programme, SFMA will be able to receive LEAD-support for industry development projects in areas such as:
- Technology & Infrastructure: Improve enterprise capabilities and productivity by using technology to innovate and automate. It includes the adoption of technology, development of technical standards and establishment of industry-wide infrastructure.
- Industry Expertise: Develop overall industry expertise through training, learning circles and industry-wide certification.
- Business Collaboration: Encourage associations and businesses to forge alliances and leverage mutual strengths through joint procurement, shared services and internationalisation opportunities.
- Intelligence & Research: Offer a deeper understanding of industry trends and requirements, so as to develop industry-specific solutions through comprehensive research based on sound market intelligence.
- Internal Competencies: Strengthen internal capabilities to be effective change agents and industry multipliers.